This luscious, thick cream cheese dressing is what dreams are made of. Ideal for any salad topped with smoked, grilled or cured salmon (lox) this dressing is made with cream cheese, buttermilk, capers, lemon juice, chives and everything bagel seasoning.
If you love an everything bagel in the morning with a schmear of cream cheese, then this salad dressing is for you. Inspired by a classic New York Lox and Bagel sandwich, this dressing is made with a cream cheese base blended with buttermilk for extra tang. Thick, creamy and delicious, I originally created this dressing to go on a Lox and Everything Bagel Salad, but it would be perfect on any salad that features salmon. In fact, I think it honestly makes a pretty killer ranch-substitute for any salad.
All you need to make this dressing is 10 minutes and a food processor to mix it perfectly smooth. While this dressing can be used immediately once mixed, I recommend letting the dressing chill at least one hour in the fridge (or overnight is even better). This chill time really lets the flavors of the everything bagel seasoning permeate the dressing and really come to life. It’s seriously like magic and oh so good!
I’m planning on trying this dressing out on a classic chef salad with ham, turkey and lots of fresh veggies next. There’s something about that combination that sounds so delicious! I’ll report back later with the results. If you try out this cream cheese everything bagel dressing, leave it a rating below and comment with what salad you tried it on. Also, don’t forget to tag me on social media. It’s @frydaeblog and #frydaeblog absolutely everywhere!
If you’re looking for a great salad to try this on, here is the Lox and Everything Bagel Salad I originally created it for.
Everything Bagel Cream Cheese Dressing
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons buttermilk, plus additional for thinning, if desired
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon chives, fresh
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon everything bagel seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- In a food processor, blend the softened cream cheese and buttermilk until smooth. Next, add the lemon juice, capers, chives, garlic and everything bagel seasoning. Pulse until well combined and then begin to slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Continue to mix until emulsified and smooth.Check the consistency of the dressing and thin using additional buttermilk, if desired. Once the proper consistency is reached, transfer the dressing to a container with a tight-fitting lid. Refrigerate until ready to serve. For best taste, we recommend chilling the dressing for at least 1 hour or overnight, if possible. Keep refrigerated for up to 4 days.